Thursday, December 16, 2010

One more semester

Well, I have one more semester left then I will graduate with my associates degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician.  Next semester I start my clinicals. Pretty exciting, but scary all at the same time. I am looking forward to having a job that I worked hard for.  If that makes any sense.
My husband has 3 more semesters, then he will be finished as well getting the same degree.  I am so proud of him.  It has been hard with him being laid off due to the economy.  The company just recently got sold, so I believe things happen for a reason. He thought now is a good time to go back to school, and do something that is recession proof, like the medical field.  So I went with him. It has been hard work, but well worth it.  We are looking at apartments to move into in various places that I am submitting my resumes to in April. The places that we are looking at is Colorado, Alaska, Wyoming, maybe Montana, or Washington.  Somewhere like that.  I was raised in Alaska for 8 years, so my heart has always been there. I am hoping that we can start our careers up there.  The girls are excited about the possibility of living in Alaska. Which makes it more appealing. I am also looking at Catholic schools in those areas as well.  I really want them to have a better education, and I don't care what I have to do to send them to a Catholic school.  I am just sick of these public schools that are not doing my girls any justice.  They are in a public school now that is okay, but I am just not fond of some the stuff they are shoving down their throats.  These public schools have become so liberal and politically correct that it is just really sad.  For example, renaming Christmas break to "Winter break" so they don't offend anyone!!! REALLY??? Are you kidding me? I want the girls to be surrounded by their faith at school, and to not worry about if they are offending someone by saying their prayers before lunch, or crossing themselves, or learning about Jesus, Mary and all the saints.  Also, getting a wonderful education at the same time. Catholic schools are also stricter, they don't put up with nonsense children misbehaving.  SIGH!!! So looking forward to our new beginning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment