Thursday, September 22, 2011

Time Change

I have not been able to get on Alaska time yet.  When it is 5 pm here, it is 9 pm in Georgia.  So 4 hour difference.  Yesterday around 4-5 pm my time, I got extremely sleepy.  I was ready to start heading to bed, but could not since I was still in orientation.  No amount of coffee could of kept me awake. 
After orientation me and another person that is a pharmacist intern walked to Subway for dinner, and then to the AC store.  The AC store is a mini version of a ghetto Wal-Mart.  Prices are REALLYYYYY HIGH!!!! I thought I was going to faint looking at the prices.  I had to pick up some stuff until Rob can start sending me care packages.  My bill was 102.00!!!!!! I bought 2 bananas, frosted flakes, 1/2 gallon of milk, apples, disposable bowls and 2 spoons, water, peanut butter crackers, and a knit hat.  i needed something to cover my head during the winter time.  The jackets are EXPENSIVE here.  I have to get a PO Box today so I can have something shipped in from Amazon.  I have sweaters to hold me over till then.

I will post more pictures today sometime

No comments:

Post a Comment