Monday, November 22, 2010

Advent

Okay so I have been thinking about this coming Sunday.  Advent.  This will be mine and the girls first year celebrating Advent as Catholics.  Even though hubby is not Catholic, he is extremely supportive for us. 



For those that don't know what Advent is, it is derived from Latin word meaning coming. The Lord is Coming.

St. Nicholas
I was looking at what other Catholics do during Advent in the forums that I frequent a lot.  And I love the St. Nicholas one where on December 6th (St. Nicholas feast day) I will have the girls put their shoes outside on the porch, and then St. Nicholas will put gold chocolate coins in their shoes. I think I will also tell them about St. Nicholas as well. 

I also have to get the Advent wreath down from the attic this week and place it on the table with the 4 candles in it. We will say a prayer each Sunday as we light the candles.  I found a neat site containing blessings and prayers during Advent.  Catholic Mom has some wonderful ideas as well for Advent that I am going to do with the girls.

I would also like to have a Jesse tree, but will not this year. Next year we WILL!!! Or maybe we can make one this year.  Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to this wonderful body of Saints (and sinners working their way toward sainthood) that we call the Catholic Church! Advent is one of my favorite times of the church calendar. Happy anticipation!

    ReplyDelete